Having an effective call to action is an essential part of any website. When designing a website you must first consider what you want the site to achieve. Do you want the user to fill in a contact sheet? Sign up to a newsletter? Make a product purchase through the site?
By considering the call to action of a site prior to the build you provide focus and an outcome by which to measure the sites success.
Making a successful call to action
- Keep it simple- focus on 1 or 2 key actions you wish the user to perform
- Explain why- make it clear to the user why they need to do this
- Provide an incentive – a free sample, free quote or sign up discount
- Use simple language with action words such as “call”, “register”, “buy” and “now”.
- Make the call dominant on the page. Consider size, colour and the use of white space to draw attention.
- Have a call to action on every page
- Ensure a prompt response to every call.
Making the call to action clear is a key factor in the success of your website. Combining responsive design, powerful copy and optimising usability ensures optimisation of your sites effectiveness.
Contact us today to discuss a call to action solution.